Maximize and extend your developer services
As a programmer/developer, there is a very big potential to further develop and grow your existing business. Applications and sites that you build for your clients in one language often need to be localized into other languages. Using the Stream API, this becomes a straight-forward process. The Stream Translation API offers on-demand access to human, professional translation of text into more than 70 languages, including cost and time estimates before your place orders. The API is unique because it includes a Proofreading step when text is pre-published, to ensure public content is free from error (read more).
How to develop with idioma
1Create Sandbox account and obtain:
- API access with an API Key and an API Secret.
- An idioma test account, so you can develop calls from your system to your idioma account to query the system for delivery terms, prices, etc.
- Access to our Dummy Translation Server that accepts text from your system, and returns dummy translations (same text with initial letters in each word replaced).
2Get our Dev Tools
- Including a demo download, detailed descriptions of all API calls and responses, and the “localization lifecycle” that shows you in which order calls must be made.
- Adjust the API as desired.
- Once you have developed your own “lifecycle” and you are certain the full circle works for you, you are ready for the final step.
3Upgrade to Full Status and GO LIVE!
- Switch your Sandbox account to Live status
- Get Live account access and an additional set of Live API keys for each unique client your system supports.
Your app or site is now ready for being published in numerous different languages.